Saturday, March 13, 2010

Warp and weft, gold and stitches in time.

Yesterday I stared at a large white sheet of paper all day and danced around working, but did do thinking, which is working too. Only fear and doubt stop me picking up a pencil and getting on with work.
I met a woman over the internet who I really want to meet in person and she is going to take my Snow Leopard and add songs in Gaelic and turn he words to suit her heart and carry the story across the sea, and I can't wait to hear what she does and how it changes and grows and turns an travels. She has a book full of Silkie stories from her husband that she is going to send to me, and there is so much magic tied up here, because her husband was Duncan Williamson who I would so much have wanted to have met, and maybe, just maybe, there will be stories for me to paint.
I was given a beautiful, old golden screen, silk and painted and stitched.
A good day.
Today I am going to try and settle to the blank sheet and catch some more ideas with a pencil onto paper.







2 comments:

  1. that sounds like the most exciting news...

    beautiful silk btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bits of your screen that you shared look like it could have been part of a ceremonial robe. I love old embroidery. Hope your muse found you.
    Kat

    ReplyDelete