Saturday, April 17, 2010

Feeling lost without my Nikon



My camera is at the camera doctors being cleaned and I am bereft. Or would be if Robin hadn't bought me a small camera for Christmas, a Pentax Optio WS80 that is waterproof and does hi-def film. New toy. Also does panoramas! Meanwhile Robin suggested the best thing for old camera was a good going over with a Dyson and Ivan in Narberth ( or the Celctic Camera Shaman as I like to call him) made lots of teeth sucking noises but was so delighted with the amount of use the camera has had. I have worn away all of the symbols on the back with constant use.

Todays list.
1. Try and be nicer to people when work isn't going as it should be, especialy to Robin who has taken stuff from garden to dump and washing to washing lady ( who looks nothing at all like Mr Toad) thus freeing me up to do some work.
2. Draw a page of words to practise hand lettering for nursery rhymes.
3. Finish black and white sample.
5. Read for at least half an hour.
6. Sit in the garden in the sunshine and look at the clear and unadulterated blue sky.
7. Do at least two more roughs for rhymes.
8. Go back to previous list and cross a few things off.
9. Do facebook invite for Art in Action. ( Haven't I seen that one before?)
10. Write list.




A sample drawing of black and white work to take to publisher next week.

Sing, sing, what shall I sing?
The cat's run away with the pudding string. 
Do, do, what shall I do?
The cat has bitten it quite in two!



I love little pussy.
Her coat is so warm.
And if I don't hurt her
She'll do me no harm.

Playing with the camera, looking north out from my studio.

 And south, towards St Davids.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful drawings...and I like No. 6 on your list best...there should be much more of that sort of thing in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! What a nice toy! Is it very big in the hand? I love the Fujica, but sometimes my hands would like something a bit smaller.
    And did Max model for "String"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cat drawings...
    'I love little pussy' is currently one of my 3 year old's favourite rhymes... She's spending a lot of time being a cat lately, while my 5 year old has temporarily suspended her cat obcession to become a fox!
    Best wishes, Carrie...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, number six is the best. It is a joy to see such clear, clear blue.

    ReplyDelete