Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lagom



Walking with Hannah and Rosie through fields in the Cotswolds to the church where I used to sit and revise many years ago. The day is warm, fields full of horses, sheep with heavy fleeces, and on the way home I fall in love with an old camera in a charity shop.
Tomorrow my dad is 77 years old. 

As thow art so was I. As I am so shalt thou bee.
Inscription on a stone memorial inside the church.

 Old carriage for carrying the coffins.

 

 At the other end of life, the font with medieval tiles.

Tiles remind me of patchworks. They must be at least 500 years old.
At the alter there are memorials stones from 1641.

Light on the tree. Beautiful.

When they were peasant's cottages they were called Flea Bank Cottages. 
Now they are holiday homes with burglar alarms they are called Shakespeare Row.

Beautiful honeytone Cotswold stone.

1 comment:

  1. Did you buy the old camera? I hope so. And Happy Birthday to your father. Kate

    ReplyDelete