Monday, October 25, 2010

Music and movement

 Back cover for A Rhyme in Time

Woke this morning to see the stars of Orion striding across the sky outside my window. Above the garden only constellations and the bone moon shone in the dark. This week will be better than last and I now have something that is working. So this week is just one for colouring in. And I will have music to distract me. Yesterday I listened to the life's work of Seth Lakeman so far. Love listening to the developement of his sound. I almost didn't buy the new cd and am so glad that I ignored the reviews which were sometimes negative. So good, strong, vibrant. My favorite is still the original pressing of Freedom Fields.
Today I will listen to Karine Polwart.
This week musicians will keep me painting.

 


6 comments:

  1. Oh! I do like the look of this book cover! Lots of movement in it and a timelessness. Which sounds odd, I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm sounds like you're in a for a lovely week Jackie! I shall send lots of sparkly, starry, happy blessings to help you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try Duncan Chisholm Redpoint and Door of Saints albums.....lovely accompaniment for work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you can match the music to the task, everything just flows so nicely. I know you will accomplish what you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try Duncan Chisholms Redpoint and Door of the Saints. Lovely music to work too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackie, musicians are great prompters for painting in my wee household too. thank you for the intro to Seth & his music i am going to speak to mr o and hope to get to the edinburgh gig!! I am loving the cover work for the book x

    ReplyDelete