I need a list as my focus has meandered off on the pathways of grief.
Pick flowers to dress the house. When I look at the windowsills now I see flowers, though I know that some people will only see dirty windows. Soon the sash windows will be refurbished and then they will be clean again, for a while. For now I like my dirty windows. They remind me of this time last year. When I had no roof.
Cross some things off list. ( This was a tip given to me by man in the art shop yesterday to try and give myself a sense of achievement!)
4. Robin Hobb/Lindolm cover roughs x3.
5. Continue with nursery rhymes.
6. Gild partridge and pear.
7. Paint a large owl painting to take to Art in Action to gild.
8. Sweep the studio floor, set the Chicken time Lord and tidy up the studio for 1 hour.
9. Think about drawing for the rabbit lady.
10. Do powerpoint for school visit and also facebook invite to evening event at school in Hertfordshire.
11. Do artwork for Kids Need to Read Calendar. Rough first.
Outside in the garden ginger cats are curling in sheltered places. In the right hand top of the photo below, where the bench ends, you can just see the jasmine that marks the corner where Kiffer curls beneath. The foxgloves look so beautiful and soon a wave of roses will roof the space. Love-in-the-mist has escaped from the stones and seeded in the grass. He is close to the house.
Today I remembered the time when he climbed up the shelves to try and reach the venison that was defrosting and pulled down and smashed my favorite hand made mugs. I smiled. The broken china all looked so beautiful smashed on the slate. At the time I was not pleased, but I would give all that and more to have him back here to smash it all again.