Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Blood of Dragons by Robin Hobb





Yesterday I heard that Harper Collins were going to use my cover design for City of Dragons for Robin Hobb's US book, and also that they wanted the artwork for Blood of Dragons, so this morning I settled to go through the text to try and refine the images that had been in my head for a few months. Trying to get them out of my head and onto paper always looks easier than it is when the sketches are finished. It has been a slow day of scribbling and thinking and reading, but a fast turn around from the designer at Harper Collins who sent back sketches with type. Waiting to hear now, from US and UK and hoping that they and Robin all like the same one. This is the final book in the series. More than that it is very good I can't say.

 


5 comments:

  1. How cool. I will have to catch back up with Robin Hobbs. I got through a couple series, but then the library stopped getting more and I hadn't the funds for new. I will have to check if the library has more now...and save up!
    Sandy in Bracknell

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be able to put in an order for them even if they aren't in your local library. They will be in teh system somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the first design, somehow it looks more relaxed. Can't wait to see the finished cover (and book)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely striking images. So perfect for Robin's dragons :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Jackie! The designs look good, and will certainly compliment Robin Hobb's excellent stories.
    By the way, how is Glyn? I think it is his birthday soon, would he appreciate a card?
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete