Monday, September 26, 2011

New beginnings, ?

Because I have just begun painting for East of the Sun and West of the Moon I feel as if I have just started work on a new book. However I wrote this book a few years ago and have trawled it around publishers and have a folder of very complimentary rejection letters. I have re-read, edited, had the text edited by Janetta at Frances Lincoln and am now beginning to produce a series of paintings to decorate the book. 
Half of my studio is tidy, the other half still chaos. Before and after photos of the one half below.





The trouble comes with finding where to begin.

Meanwhile, with 'The Cat and the Fiddle' officially released ( though some have escaped the warehouse already) next week, and on the suggestion of my clever daughter, here is a short film. The idea is to answer some questions with short films on youtube. So, if you have a question then subscribe to the youtube channel and leave a comment or a video response and if I can I will answer. Though I will try always to remain on what I think of as 'the right side of a camera', ie behind the lens not in front of it.

 

4 comments:

  1. the beginning is a good place or the middle and work your way out,, best wishes on this,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading more here. Yes, that first brush stroke might be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. However you begin, I hope it ends well.
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you will be starting painting for East of the Sun and West of the Moon. I so loved it when you sent it to me to read:-)
    Take care,
    Alison.

    http://linentwill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete