Wednesday, December 29, 2010

One step closer.




One page closer to finishing. This one is Little Bo Peep, and through the book her story plays out over several pages.


 Baa Baa Black Sheep.


 Hark hark, the dogs do bark, and in the background Little Bo has lost her sheep.


 
 To market, to market, and in the background still looking for her sheep.


Boo Peep's flock consist of a Hebridean, a Welsh Half-breed, a Suffolk, a Wensleydale, a Jacob's sheep, a Gray Faced Dartmoor and a Black Welsh Mountain sheep. As usual, almost finished, but not quite.

6 comments:

  1. I really love your inspired take on the imagery for this Jackie!
    Especially the sweet little Tudor houses & the oversized animals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think blogspot ate my post! I'll try again.

    Interesting how you use scale to emphasize that she is "Little" Bo Peep. I like how your illustrations are so rich in detail. They invite a closer look and making discoveries, and those lovely "Oh, Look! There's --" moments. I love that pig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful art ...I like the magic you create with your paintings and words.
    Is this a book that will be published soon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You continue to inspire me and remain one of my favorite illustrators! This is beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful, Jackie! And I REALLY want Little Bo Peep's coat...and her boots too, come to think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are magic! I love how you put so many little touches in, the knitting etc on baa baa black sheep is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete