1. Ice on the beach again, though softened and textured by sand blown across, by water running beneath.
2. Lapwings, in flight and at rest.
3. A ragged buzzard.
4. Lights on the water, abstract, bright.
5. Sand running too fast through the timer.
6. A young heron hunting at the mill stream, patient, nervous.
For the third year running Mr B's Emporium of Reading Delights have chosen my book as one of their '12 Reading Days of Christmas' books. Unlike the "Books for giving" catalogue in many bookshops all the books in Mr B's are chosen simply because the staff in the book shop love them. Beware. You can look at the list online, you can get them to post a catalogue, but it will cost you money! Not because you have to pay for the list, but because the choice is just so seductive!