Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mid Life Crisis



Dark this morning. Rain clouds and dim sunshine. Thick clouds. Two hours later I realised there was also a solar eclipse.
Headache, so no work, but then I decided it was time for a van adventure.
Many of my friends have vans and I have decided that now is the time for me to get one, so that I can carry paintings to and from the framers and off to places for exhibition. So that I can do bigger paintings! So that I can head off to the hills and write.

 


Ffion's dog Bell said that the back of the van was onlu big enough for a small black dog.

 


On the way home Nursery Rhymes came back to haunt me and I practiced a hill start in the van while Beau Peep rounded up her flock, including the black sheep.

 

Ffion, current owner of red van showing how to make the bed work, where the kettle is and how to make tea in bed without getting out of bed. She is not too upset as she is soon to be the owner of a blue van. And if you think you have seen her before she was one of the year's highlights on Countryfile.

Later this week I will be the proud owner of a red van.
But hopefully not red for long as I am going to check out how much it will cost to do something like this to it:


Pembrokeshire County Council's School Library Van

20 comments:

  1. Yay! Good news. Remember to get Ffion out of the back of the van before you buy it. Also, did Ffi tell you we were going to t cut your van whilst wearing bikinis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been thinking about the same issue; lack of transport and disability has killed two previous businesses as I couldn't get There and Back Again easily. Here's to hoping I can get my DLA sorted out finally for a vehicle (before they axe DLA that is)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This van sounds so useful for you and I look forward to seeing those big paintings you can transport now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Will you be bringing it to Norfolk?

    ReplyDelete
  5. May well just do that Fiona. If so will fill it up with paintings and books and sketchbooks and old things. Been looking through some of my work. I have done a lot in 27 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks useful and fun and the Red colour is most cheerful...hope the headache has been chased away

    ReplyDelete
  7. It won't be red for long as I plan to cover it with dragons. Or leopards. Or bears.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to see a van covered with dragons, or leopards or bears travelling up my road in NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will just try and calculate the fuel bill. Or alternatively get yourself a van and I will send you some large files with dragon images that you can cover it with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why choose? paint leopards on one part, dragons on another, bears on another. Also, does it have a name yet? It must have a proper name. Something with zip, zing and wit. ("Portia" is already taken.) Since you will use it to transport paintings (business related) (and the author to signings?) perhaps you can get a tax writeoff as a business expense. Every little bit helps. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWAl5V-SiKQ&feature=related)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed it is a business vehicle, and it will be covered in pictures, but I am going to do it as per Pembrokeshire county Library van and use images from my books. I find that watercolour just runs off the metal and you can't get the depth of detail otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I'd love one of those! I hope you post pics of it if you get it painted up...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this will be great for your travels, Jackie! I look forward to seeing the finished product; I'm sure it will be a vehicle to rival the chariot of a gypsy queen!

    Maybe it can bring you to North Wales sometime? I always have the kettle ready, and biscuits aplenty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a eurovan camper too and I love it! I'm sure you will have many adventures in it, and it's quite amazing want you can pile into the back of it when you need to.
    look forward to seeing if you can get the wrap around artwork - would look incredible.
    Happy camping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wonderful! I've been dreaming of a travelling van ever since I first discovered Rima Staines' blog. Dragons would be most wonderful I think!

    ReplyDelete
  16. a travelling creative home! and how pretty the bus library is thanks to your art! Happy New year. Bonne année from France!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohmigosh! I really couldn't be any greener with envy :D I hope you have a wonderful time in your magical, Dragon covered wagon :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want one too! I think there's nomad in my soul.

    ReplyDelete