Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Horses make the landscape look more beautiful.



Sometimes the urge to ride a horse becomes too strong to resist. So taday I went to the Trekking Centre in St Davids. I had seen photographs of the most beautiful horse, Uther, on a friend's facebook page and then talking to Belinda who has been doing the cranial osteopathy on my face I discovered that if I rode with them it would be on Uther.
Lovely, gentle ride up hill and down into the valley filled with meadowsweet and irises and dragonflies. Home through the ford by the cathedral. Lovely. Except now I want to go out again, and again, and again. Hoping to ride over the hill next week.
 







Outside my studio window butterflies are dancing wild. When I was at Art in Action I was asked to contribute a couple of postcard drawings to an event to raise money for St James School. 15% of the profits will also go to Great Ormond St Hospital. The exhibition is called Incognito and can be viewed online and at a preview in October. The cards are sold on a first come first served basis and all are the same price, I think.
I am sending two, one of which is the image below.
 
 



8 comments:

  1. You are soooo right, horses do make the landscape look better :) Of course I am biased and many people would prefer not to see MY pony on their horizon, haha!

    You'd better watch that riding addiction, next you'll be wanting one of your own, and that's a slippery slope, I can tell you. The ride sounds lovely though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, it's the horse's mane, floating in the wind that inspires me the most. The fourth photo inspires me to draw again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think horses are most beautiful when they are in motion. I love the bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a fear of horses for the longest time. I eventually plucked up the courage and ended up having some horse riding lessons but had to give it up because it hurt my back too much. I loved it and really miss it. It's funny how each horse had their own character and personality that you had to work with to become one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, he is beautiful! Is he a Clydesdale? My husband has a little daydream, for when we have our country property...he wants a pet Clydesdale called Lancelot! Just a daydream I know, but Uther would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a magnificent horse he is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the detail and texture of the horse's mane in the last picture, Jackie!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  8. According to their website, Uther is a "gypsy vanner," (originally bred to pull their wagons/caravans). Some Clydesdale and/or Shire in the mix, I think. They are such handsome animals with their pibald coloration and their lovely feathers.

    ReplyDelete